Re: PRET + Customrequest (STAT) issue

From: ElBandito <el.bandito123_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:53:56 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I think we should start with treating "STAT" special as I don't think there
> are that many other commands like it. If "STAT" is used instead of LIST or
> NLST, then libcurl shouldn't do any data connection at all.
>
> You up to making a patch for this?

Hi, first of all, thanks for your reply.

I feared you might ask that, I would actually love to implement it
since I can really see the use for it, but to be honest I've never
done anything in C before, so I'd probably be completely lost in the
source. I have no clue where to look since i don't actually know when
it tries to initiate data connections and when it doesn't or how it
does it for that matter.

Maybe if I have some free time on my hands I'll try to butcher the
code and play around with it, but I can't promise anything.

Hendrik