Re: Unit test architecture now added

From: Amr Shahin <amrnablus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 01:47:57 +0200

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks to Amr Shahin's persistance and work on the unit test front, I've
> just now pushed the work I've done so far on a unit test architecture for
> libcurl.
>
> I've documented the basic concept in tests/unit/README, and following this
> we should be able to write up a first bunch of tests.
>
> I'm sure there are nits to polish, and once we want to start testing static
> functions we need to address that as well etc, but at least we should have a
> pretty good base to work on onwards from now.
>
> Please get it, try it out and help out to make it really good. And of
> course we need to get tests written and added.
>
> Related comments and feedback are of course also welcome!
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Hello
so after using the framework, i think it would be cool to add a couple of
stuff, mostly related to organizing/aggregating the tests,

   - maybe we should add the ability to run the unit tests without running
   the whole bunch of tests, something like make unit_test or so.
   - another level of the tests is to create test suits, if i'm changing
   curl_list for example, i would only need to run unit tests that are related
   to that struct/function, would be a nice addition.

*Thanks*
*Amr*