Re: SFTP sample code?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:56:44 -0800

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 03:28:47PM -0800, John Utz wrote:
> I am not finding any sftp sample code at
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/example.html
>
> does it exist there and i am just not finding it?
>
> I have read enuf documentation to believe that i can not just take my ftp code
> and prepend an 's' to it. :-).

It depends on what you're doing. If you're just uploading or downloading
files, then yes, that's all the change you need to make!

> The stuff that i am confused about in particular is the ftp 'quoted' commands
> like rename and delete, so i am struggling to understand how to replace
> "RNFR""RNTO" oldname newnawm with 'rename oldname newname'

The mechanism is the same as pure ftp, but the syntax is different. With sftp,
renaming is done in a single quote command instead of two. Otherwise, it works
the same.

>>> Dan