Re: Cookies on one domain and posting to another

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:34:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Niall Twomey wrote:

You didn't say which libcurl version on what operating system you're using...

> it is when I attempt to parse new values from the first website after
> posting to the second that I encounter problems--the program crashes (with
> no indication about where the crash came from).

So run it with a debugger and see where the crash occurs!

> Is there something I need to be aware of for maintaining cookies on one site
> while posting to another?

No, COOKIEFILE and COOKIEJAR are easy to use and really don't offer any
surprises. They don't cause any crashes either if you use them as documented.

> The crash report is completely uninformative.

A crash is a crash, and your OS and debugger should make it informative
especially if you rebuild your app and libcurl with debug symbols present.

If you'd post your full program here so that we can try it as well, then
things would be much easier. Or potentially an example that at least repeats
your problem.