Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Tolas Anon <tolas777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:04:24 +0100

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Tolas Anon wrote:
>
>> The complete bughunt thread is comfortably read via
>> http://readlist.com/lists/lists.php.net/php-general/16/81195.html
>
> I disagree. That's a very long discussion mostly filled up with
> non-interesting words. In very many different web pages.
>
> Can you please tell us what the problem is, or link to the exact post in
> there that describes the problem?

Ok, exec-sum then :)

The exact problem is this:

I do a set of calls to convert-and-import-to-sql some big media files
in an upload queue (provided by jumploader.com), going from php_cli ->
php_daemon_script -> php:curl_exec() -> php_script.

php_script at the end does the converting-and-importing for a single media file.
php_script always completes as it should, returning a json status
message back to php_daemon_script

problem is: when processing a 2gb video file, curl_exec() never
returns. verified by a print-to-debug-file statement straight after
the curl_exec() call in php_daemon_script; the debug file never shows.
2gb video conversion takes my pc about 50 minutes to complete.

when processing a 60mb video file, there are no problems whatsoever.

i've used a sniffer app 3 times to confirm that apache does send
packets with the wanted status-update from php_script to
php_daemon_script at the end of processing the 2gb video file, that's
in the php-general mailinglist weblog url.

that's the gist of it, full details on the php-general weblog.