Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Tolas Anon <tolas777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:07:49 +0100

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Tolas Anon wrote:
>
>> maybe this will help too, this is for the libcurl i'm using;
>>
>> version  : 7.21.3 RTMP SSH2 SSL SSPI LIBZ IDN
>
> Can you please send your responses in a single mail and not spam the list
> with the info spread out in many mails. You make it very hard to follow this
> thread or to respond in a sensible way.

i'll try.

> So you're saying that libcurl sends a POST and then waits for the response
> and yet it never sends that response to your app? Does the server actually
> send the response, have you verified that it arrives with a network snooping
> tool or similar on the same box libcurl runs on? To me it sounds like you
> have a firewall/NAT/whatever in between that kills the connection since it
> is idle for too long waiting for the response.

well according to the sniffer app that i ran 3 times the response gets
sent from apache to libcurl, but there are also re-transmits of the
same packet, so "something in between" could indeed have killed it.

i can test if it's the adsl router by using the localhost address
instead of the machine's internet domain name, but not much else i
think.

> You need to narrow down what you're looking at, and start trying to make the
> problem get repeated on demand in a way that others can try.

that'll be difficult without revealing my entire architecture to the
world, which is something i don't want to do.

> (And yes, the command line tool can send a HTTP POST.)

ok