Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:42:54 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Tolas Anon wrote:

> but isn't libcurl supposed to use keep-alive, since it's using http/1.1?

The HTTP term is persistent connections.

You're only doing one request, so HTTP 1.1's persistent connections aren't
involved here since it is about re-using the same connection for multiple
requests.

The TCP term "keep-alive" is about a TCP option to prevent the connection to
go completely silent. (The ability to control that option varies greatly
between operating systems.)

libcurl itself doesn't set that option but anyone using libcurl can easily do
so using the mechanisms libcurl provide - like for example the command line
tool curl does. I don't think PHP uses it, but I'm not sure.