Re: PROPOSED CODE Re: SFTP file info and state machine

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:25:48 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, John Utz wrote:

> here is what i have, absent a formal svn diff due to my employer blocking
> just about every port other than 80.

Thanks!

Note that you can still download the code (even daily snapshots) and use 'diff
-u' manually to create a diff!

About the code: it looks like it will work just fine, I'm just not too happy
about the duplicate calls to libssh2_sftp_stat_ex() that get done on each SFTP
download with that applied. That function will imply at least one round-trip
back and forth to the server, so it might even be noticable with an extra call
on high latency networks.

Surely the code can be written so that it only calls that function once?