Re: ssluse: improved error message on SSL_CTX_new failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:39:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> The new call to ERR_peek_last_error() that was added recently does not exist
> in OpenSSL 0.9.6b (old, but supported according to docs/INTERNALS).

Ouch. I actually did read up on the availability before I pushed that, but
clearly I misread as when I check the docs now it says it was added in 0.9.7.

> Can that call be changed to ERR_peek_error() instead?

Yes!

To me, that even seems like a better choice functionality wise since the
functions are documented to return:

     ERR_peek_error() returns the earliest error code from the thread˘s
     error queue

     ERR_peek_last_error() returns the latest error code from the thread˘s
     error queue