Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Tolas Anon <tolas777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 03:50:47 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Tolas Anon wrote:
>
>> curl --keepalive-time 25 http://localhost.internet.domainname/run.php
>> returns no results whatsoever.. :(
>
> curl on Windows, wasn't it? I'm not sure it supports the TCP_KEEPIDLE and
> TCP_KEEPINTVL setsockopt() options and then it only sets the regular
> SO_KEEPALIVE which has a 2 hour timeout by default which is probably not
> helpful to you.
>
> (Yes, curl should warn if such an option is used without it having an effect
> but it doesn't...)

well, i respectfully disagree.

curl and libcurl on windows should support this option in a way that
works, by default.

as it stands, i'm left completely in the dark for something that i
don't consider an unreasonable use-case.

2hr+ request times, no data until finished.

i'm open to any solution you can think of, aside from switching to linux,
because that doesn't support my 3-monitor setup..

and how come i can send a byte back on the text/html level every 25
seconds, yet curl and libcurl
a) just ignore them until the connection is completely closed
b) don't see them as keep-alive traffic on the shortests of real internet paths?

please don't take my criticism as an insult, it's not intended as
such, and i have good respect for free-software builders.
i put out some free software of my own too and know about frustrating
edge-cases for what seems finished software.

i'm just growing more desperate by the mail here, because i'm left
without any way to do big media imports into my cms, on a flexible
infrastructure, or even at all it seems now.