Re: php curl_exec won't return any data, libcurl-7.21.3.0, php 5.3.4, WampServer2.1d-x64.exe

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:32:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Tolas Anon wrote:

>> It is also very easy for an application to enable the options as I've
>> shown.
>
> Just not for the platforms i use, apparently.. :(

Why not? A quick search for "tcp keepalive windows" shows this:

> But at least allow it to be enabled from windows libcurl/php with
> curl_setopt()...?

I won't argue about that. PHP/CURL is a binding for libcurl that is written
and maintained by the PHP team - you won't find them - here so suggesting
features for them to add or change is better done elsewhere!

>> But then I've not seen you actually having verified that our suspicions are
>> the real reasons for the no data case.
>
> What can i do to prove them?

If I were to do it, I would set something up that from both ends try to use
the connection after N seconds and inspect the TCP traffic with wireshark.