Re: Retry in Connecting to Server

From: amit paliwal <amit.ambitions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:16:01 -0500

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de> wrote:

> On Saturday 12 February 2011 02:45:03 amit paliwal wrote:
> > Just want to know whether Curl does a retry to Connect to Server or not
> in
> > case the Server is not started initially. For e.g. If Curl starts first
> and
> > try to connect to Server when server becomes available after 5 mins.
> If you are talking about libcurl: No. (That's the job of the application.)
> If you are asking for curl executable: 'curl -h' is your friend.
>
> Have you even considered to test it yourself or reading the
> documentation before asking the list?

Yes, I have gone through the documentation, test and even the code, I know
if it can not connect to the Server it will return CURLE_CODE as 7, which
means
can not connect to the host. Just though of confirming if there are any
recent changes.

Thanks for your input, but please don't think that I am simply asking, I
first dig into the issues then just try to confirm it. I am grateful to this
community as because of this only I successfully completed my work

Regards,
Amit