Re: SSL libs compared page

From: Dima Tisnek <dimaqq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:22:49 -0700

About a year ago, I tried python/pycurl/libcurl/guntls combination, as
it was/is default on debian.
It didn't work due to one of: pem certificate format, client
certificates, ca chain and server certificate validation, CN and
subjAltNames.
I checked again recently (libcurl/7.21.2 GnuTLS/2.4.2) pycurl still
doesn't work.
Command line curl doesn't seem to get a PEM certificate budnle with
--cacert option.

Mysteriousely I had one unrelated test case that command line curl
passed and pycurl didn't, and I didn't dig much deeper, so I can't
vouch for my results, I'll just stick to openssl for now.

Does anyone know what the status should be?
I can check exact versions if it is supposed to be ok now.

Dima Tisnek
Enkora Oy