Re: Make of Curl failing on Solaris...

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:59:27 +0100

Hi Daniel,
Am 16.02.2011 08:45, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Saqib Ali wrote:
>
>> Thanks Atlantis. But if you look back at all the linker errors I'm
>> getting, they are all symbols that begin with "libssh2_". So I can
>> understand specifying the location for LIBSSH2_PATH. But what does
>> this have to do with OpenSSL? Why would I need to specify that path here?
>
> Right, the link errors are all about libssh2 not being found by the
> linker so you need to point it out. Obviously something is odd since
> configure found it and could use it.
>
> You could try using --with-libssh2=YOUR_LIBSSH2_PATH or perhaps
> --without-libssh2 to shut it off.
I see similar strange thingy with one of my MinGW64 cross compiles ...
I did recently update libssh2 via package manager for both MinGW32 and
MinGW64, and found the next day that the 32-bit version builds still
fine while the 64-bit one now fails. f.e. these builds:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20110216031620-2263
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20110215231627-24746
as you can see libssh2 is detected fine, but somehow configure misses to
add -lssh2 to linker flags ...
I believe that I checked already everything - specially the libssh2.pc
file which looks fine, so somewhat clueless ...
if someone has an idea what else I could check let me know ...

I've not yet checked into it, but any chances that we had some changes
to configure' libssh2 detection recently which may cause this?

Gün.