Curl Library asking for key authentication when it shouldn't?

From: Saqib Ali <saqib.ali.75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:45:59 -0500

I'm using the recipe described here to do an SCP using the Curl Library
(version 7.21.3)
http://www.gtkforums.com/about4193.html
I'm simply trying to send the file to the same host+username as myself. IE:
127.0.0.1.

Here is the output I get:

<http://www.gtkforums.com/about4193.html>
* About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 port 22 (#0)
* Trying 127.0.0.1... * connected
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 22 (#0)
* SSH authentication methods available:
gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
* Using ssh public key file /home/sali/.ssh/id_dsa.pub
* Using ssh private key file /home/sali/.ssh/id_dsa
* SSH public key authentication failed: Unable to open public key file
* Initialized password authentication
* Authentication complete
* Upload failed: Permission denied (3/-31)
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
* Access denied to remote resource

Why is it complaining about public/private keys when I'm providing a
password? Other people seem to be using it without that problem.

Do I need to set some other curl options to tell it to do this transfer
without any keys?

BTW, I know little about key authentication. If you're response includes
discussion about them, please speak VERRY SLOOOWWWLLLY.
<http://www.gtkforums.com/about4193.html>
- Saqib