RE: SMTP application hangs if CABundleFile points to non-existent path

From: Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:35:11 -0500

Thanks to your test program I could also easily repeat this problem and
attached here is my suggested fix. Let me know how it works for you. It
solved the case for me and all test cases still run fine.

It wasn't about a non-existent path, but about the fact that the SSL
handshaking failed (was denied).

I applied the fix to version 7.21.3. It did not fix the issue.
Attached are the modified files.