Re: libcurl 7.21.4 with NSS

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:19:21 +0100

On Saturday 19 February 2011 19:56:23 valli.natarajan_at_emc.com wrote:
> I'm running on Linux. It seems that existing db at /etc/pki/nssdb is not

What distro? Did you have the /etc/pki/nssdb directory already there? What
was inside?

> compatible as the program works fine when I create new db using certutil
> and set environment variable SSL_DIR.
>
> How do I make it working regardless of nssdb existence? Note that the
> program works fine when there is no /etc/pki/nssdb directory but it fails
> when there is a /etc/pki/nssdb.

I don't think the current code allows to call NSS_NoDB_Init() in case the
directory /etc/pki/nssdb exists:

https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/a40f58d/lib/nss.c#L917

I guess the SSL_DIR handling logic needs to be improved to cover these cases.

Kamil