RE: libcurl 7.21.4 with NSS

From: <valli.natarajan_at_emc.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:32:57 -0500

Subject: Re: libcurl 7.21.4 with NSS

On Saturday 19 February 2011 19:56:23 valli.natarajan_at_emc.com wrote:
>> I'm running on Linux. It seems that existing db at /etc/pki/nssdb is not

>What distro? Did you have the /etc/pki/nssdb directory already there? What
was inside?

I have been trying with NSS 3.12.9 and curl 7.21.4 on RedHat Linux 2.6.18-194.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 22:00:21 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The directory /etc/pki/nssdb contains 3 db files cert8.db, key3.db and secmod.db.

>> compatible as the program works fine when I create new db using certutil
>> and set environment variable SSL_DIR.
>>
>> How do I make it working regardless of nssdb existence? Note that the
>> program works fine when there is no /etc/pki/nssdb directory but it fails
>> when there is a /etc/pki/nssdb.

>I don't think the current code allows to call NSS_NoDB_Init() in case the
>directory /etc/pki/nssdb exists:

>https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/a40f58d/lib/nss.c#L917

>I guess the SSL_DIR handling logic needs to be improved to cover these cases.

Yes I've looked into the code. Is there a way to resolve/workaround 8187 error happens when the /etc/pki/nssdb exists?

Kamil