SFTP with unknown host (was Re: CURLOPT_SSH_KEYFUNCTION never gets called?)

From: <mlist0987_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:10:25 -0800

Maybe I should backup to what my actual goal is: I'd like to be able SFTP to an unknown host. CURL (and libcurl) seem to insist that a host exist in the known_hosts file before allowing an SFTP session.

curl on the command line like this:

   curl -u myusername sftp://ftp.example.com

fails with a "curl: (51) SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK" error. Once I add my server to the known_hosts file, all is well.

The sftpdir.c example that comes with libssh2 works perfectly, even without an entry for my server in the known_hosts file.

Any ideas?

_murat