TODO-RELEASE March 15

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:18:00 +0100 (CET)

Hiya

I've managed to get a bunch of things fixed and removed from the list, but as
it was incomplete before and we've got new bug reported since the current list
of pending issues is still lengthy. See below. I'll appreciate help with all
or any of them.

271 - fix the IPv6-working probing to only exist at one place in the code and
       only get done once

272 - re-using connections bound to local port

274 - Ben Noordhuis' smtp + ssl patch

275 - Introduce a way to avoid sending USER for FTP connections

278 - "Configure $as_echo does not work"

281 - Several scan-build warnings have sneaked in:
       http://curl.haxx.se/scans/

282 - 100 Continue responses should return the "final" HTTP response code:
       "Getting the HTTP response code following a 100 Continue"

283 - bug 3208760 "Bad HTTP POST retry with READFUNCTION or READDATA set"
       http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3208760
       (suggested patch probably the right fix, add test case to make sure)

284 - bug 3172608 "No re-authentication when HTTP connecton is closed"
       http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3172608
       Would be nice if someone could verify the suggested patch

285 - bug 3163118 "Allow programatic use of telnet on Windows"
       http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3163118
       Would appreciate a Windows developer to give it a look before we apply
       the suggested patch