Re: make only connect, but not issue GET request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:38:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Pankaj Takawale wrote:

> I tried with latest libcurl. I turned on CURLOPT_SSL_SESSIONID_CACHE. As per
> n/w trace, "Client Hello" & "Server Hello" session-id's are same. Still
> client & server goes ahead with certificate verification & key negotiation.

> Am I missing here something?

I really don't know much about the specifics of SSL session id caching from
the SSL library's standpoint so I can't tell.

I assume you re-use the handle and that should suffice, if libcurl and the SSL
library are doing their jobs right.

> I believe I can not use CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY since it doesn't put connection
> into cache for further re-use?

Exactly, hence my suggestion to use HEAD as it will and still won't get any
response body to download.