Re: COMET Support

From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 08:35:15 -0700

Yep...

To reinforce what our fearless leader Daniel said, comet as i
understand it (and have implemented it in the past in ajax type
situations) is just the server delaying the response for a time if no
data is currently available so that the client and server can have
more "real time" type communications without the client having to poll
the server so often.

libcurl lets you make a regular http request to a server, and comet
essentially is all a server side implemented thing, so there's nothing
at all stopping you from doing a comet type setup.