No surprise github pull requests please

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:21:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello my friends and contributors!

At github.com, anyone can provide a patch for curl and send a "pull request"
to me personally and ask me to get that patch into the curl master source
tree.

While I appreciate pull requests with good features and fixes, just sending a
pull request to me is not OK unless we've discussed the changes on a suitable
mailing list first.

The pull requests only reach me personally. I don't like that more than I
dislike private emails discussing project matters. I may not like the feature,
but others may. Discussing coding style or alternative implementation
approaches is better done with mail involving the entire development
community. (Or I may just be absent personally and unable to respond while
there's a bunch of others present on this list...)

Thanks for your understanding!