Re: include/curl/curl.h - missing define checks

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:28:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, m0n0 wrote:

> include/curl/curl.h doesn't check for defines like HAVE_TIME_H,
> HAVE_SOCKET_H etc. when including files.

That's correct. It can't depend on such defines, as they are not provided by
typical systems so when an application builds with libcurl and uses libcurl's
public headers such a thing would not work.

> It's done at several other places

No, it is not used in other places either in generic public headers for
libraries. HAVE_* are defined only by autoconf/configure and libraries such as
libcurl and others don't want to enforce their users to use autotools.

> and it helps me a lot when "cross-compiling" with my gcc for a different
> OS...

So are you saying you have problems to build with libcurl on a particular
platform due to this? If so, can you please speak up and tell us exactly what
problems on what platform you have?