Re: Address change

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:08:50 +0200

Am 16.04.2011 00:14, schrieb Guenter:

>>> done!
BTW. I did already in the past think about the 'Comments to: ...' lines
in all the makefiles, and in some of mine I wrote as joke 'Comments to
/dev/null' ...
but what I want to ask about is if it really makes sense anymore to have
those lines in the makefiles?
A lot of makefiles were only initially written by the person who is
mentioned, and were meanwhile heavily changed by a couple of other
project members, so if someone really feels to 'comment' on a makefile
and then emails the person mentioned (s)he will most likely get an
answer like "Hey, I hacked that makefile 6 years ago, and didnt follow
up with what the project finally did with it - I cant help ya!" ...

that doesnt mean that we shouldnt credit those who initially hacked the
makefile, but I think we should change the 'Comments to: ...' to
'Originally written by: ...' and axe the email address so that folks who
want to 'comment' contact the list here instead of privately mail the
original author.

Just my 2ct.

Gün.