Re: CURLPROXY_HTTP_1_0 does not affect protocol version (still HTTP/1.1)

From: tetetest tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:28:15 +0400

Hi guys,

> > I suspect that's by design. Normal HTTP proxies are more transparent
> > HTTP, so the normal HTTP version option should take affect for them.
Try
> > setting the CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION option and see if that changes the
version.

 Thanks!
 This way it works fine.

> Yes. I gave this some thinking and I think it makes most sense to keep
the
> options separated and have the CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE = CURLPROXY_HTTP_1_0
> only affect the CONNECT string and have all other "normal" HTTP
requests
> rather use the CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION option instead.
>
> Of course this should then be documented clearly so users can figure
> this out!

Yes, the documentation...

May I ask why proxy tunnel is a separate curl option? For me, it is more
like a
separate kind of proxy.
Currently, you can set the proxy type to, say, SOCKS5, and at the same
time
set CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL to 1. But tunnels are only working with
HTTP proxies, so this does not make sense. You cannot set a tunnel
without
setting the proxy type to HTTP - these options complement each other. So
why
not introduce some "httptunnel" type of proxy, and make
CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL unnecessary?

--
Best regards.