CURL_DOES_CONVERSIONS reworked

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:54:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I need some help and eyeballs on this. I'm currently rearranging the code we
have for CURL_DOES_CONVERSIONS to greatly decrease the amount of #ifdefs and
move over all conversion related code into its own (new) source file.

I just pushed this 420+ lines change to git.

While working on this, I realized that I don't have any targets or builds that
use this option and digging deeper, I can only find that TPF builds that seems
to be using it.

The code as-is seems broken already given my casual browsing of it, and when I
clean it up now and move it around there's an additional risk that I break it
in more subtle ways as I can't easily verify.

So, is there anyone around who needs the conversion and can do some test
builds and make sure things still work as they should?