Re: missing version info in curl_config.h

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:16:12 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Am 24.04.2011 13:01, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> All these defines are default generated by autoconf/configure but we
> don't use them for anything within our build (if there was an easy way
> to exclude them from the generated config file I would have used that,
> but I'm not aware of any).
>
> We (should) use the defines we control ourselves in the include/curl/*
> tree, as those version defines are well defined and we document our
> guarantees as how they are created and what they contain.
hmm, but if they are anyway there why dont we continue to populate them
as we did in the past?
I used to scan curl_config.h for OS and VERSION for getting these values
to build up a snapshot name for my autobuilds;
sure no big prob to rewrite my scripts to scan now curlver.h in addition
for getting the version string, but now I need to scan two files :-(

Gün.