Re: Threaded resolver breaks MOC

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:30:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Dave Reisner wrote:

> Judging by the timestamps and our inability to reproduce it, I have to
> assume that the SIGTERM was sent to mocp by the user who posted the log.

I'd second that guess.

I downloaded moc 2.4.4 and I found the select() call on line 359 in io_curl.c.
It clearly does not have a timeout and is the cause of this failure. I would
strongly suggest that the code would use curl_multi_timeout() or similar to
figure out the max time to wait. This bug is clearly due to moc making
assumptions about the curl API that isn't always true.

I wrote up a quick patch (see attachment) to show what I mean. I didn't try
it!

I've posted this in the moc forum for this issue too, but as you said it seems
mostly dead there.