Core dump when authentication fails?

From: Saqib Ali <saqib.ali.75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 01:41:36 -0400

I'm using Curl version 7.21.5 to do SFTP uploads from a Solaris 10 box.
It works fine for me when I give it valid parameters (username, password, IP
address)

However, I'm testing it in the exact same scenario -- only with the wrong
password. I'm expecting that it will be stopped because the transfer is
interrupted by the timeout duration.. But instead of that, I'm getting a
core dump. (See below)

Has anyone else seen this behavior? What is the correct expected behavior
when the user authentication fails?

- Saqib

* About to connect() to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 22 (#0)
* Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx... * 0xbce30 is at send pipe head!
* STATE: CONNECT => WAITCONNECT handle 0x93cb0; (connection #0)
* Connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port 22 (#0)
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_STOP to SSH_S_STARTUP
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_S_STARTUP to SSH_HOSTKEY
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_HOSTKEY to SSH_AUTHLIST
* STATE: WAITCONNECT => PROTOCONNECT handle 0x93cb0; (connection #0)
* SSH authentication methods available:
gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTHLIST to SSH_AUTH_PKEY_INIT
* Using ssh public key file /SS8/users/lis/.ssh/id_dsa.pub
* Using ssh private key file /SS8/users/lis/.ssh/id_dsa
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_PKEY_INIT to SSH_AUTH_PKEY
* SSH public key authentication failed: Unable to open public key file
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_PKEY to SSH_AUTH_PASS_INIT
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_PASS_INIT to SSH_AUTH_PASS
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_PASS to SSH_AUTH_HOST_INIT
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_HOST_INIT to SSH_AUTH_KEY_INIT
* SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_KEY_INIT to SSH_AUTH_KEY
Assertion failed: wantedsize != 0, file memdebug.c, line 136

Abort (core dumped)