Re: Core dump when authentication fails?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:08:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 May 2011, Saqib Ali wrote:

> I'm using Curl version 7.21.5 to do SFTP uploads from a Solaris 10 box.

Do note that 7.21.5 has this rather annoying flaw with HTTPS not working over
proxies.

> Has anyone else seen this behavior? What is the correct expected behavior
> when the user authentication fails?

Then libcurl is supposed to return error.

> * SFTP 0xdcc38 state change from SSH_AUTH_KEY_INIT to SSH_AUTH_KEY
> Assertion failed: wantedsize != 0, file memdebug.c, line 136
>
> Abort (core dumped)

This is clearly a rather "controlled" crash. How about setting a break-point
at memdebug.c line 136 and rerun your example and see why it calls malloc()
with a zero length argument?