Mac OS 32-bit libcurl (was Re: use libcurl source files directly rather than link with library)

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute <tangmu_at_wenlin.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 15:12:42 -0700

On May 17, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> config.cache by default, see http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/autoconf/Cache-Files.html
>
> You can just remove it and rerun configure to make it not use cached values.

I couldn't find a file named config.cache. I downloaded a fresh copy of curl-7.21.6.tar, expanded it and tried the following:

% set CFLAGS="-arch 386"
% ./configure --disable-shared
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking size of long... 8

I don't understand "(cached)" here, and don't know if it's problematic; could the cache be in some location outside the curl folder? Or is it newly created with the configure command?

"long... 8" means I wasn't successful in choosing to build a 32-bit library with CFLAGS="-arch 386". Is there some way I could specify it as an option to "configure"? Like:

./configure --disable-shared --build-32-bit-library

?

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc. Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: wenlin@wenlin.com Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)