Re: Core dump when authentication fails?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:37:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 May 2011, Saqib Ali wrote:

> Ok, I did that for some (but not all) of the calls to LIBSSH2_ALLOC(). See
> attachment.

> The reason I didn't do it for all is because I wasn't sure how much of the
> code to include in the block that gets executed if the second arg to
> LIBSSH2_ALLOC is non-zero. I didn't want to break anything.
>

> Now it's crashing in a different place:
>
> Assertion failed: ptr != NULL, file memdebug.c, line 253
> Abort (core dumped)

This is again an assert() and this time it is libcurl's desire to not be
called with NULL as argument to free() - which again is perfectly permittable
in posix so it's not wrong per se but just something we avoid in libcurl as
when we can better track when it is being done by mistake.

Also, please send us patches when you do changes, not entire files as that
gives us a lot of work just to figure out what changes you did (or didn't).