Re: Timeout problem using libcurl 7.19.3 to send file from windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 May 2011, Peppicelli, Daniel wrote:

> I'm facing a strange issue with libcurl and I do not understand if this is a
> "standard" behavior:

Let me first mention that since the libcurl version you are using, we have
done *at least* 383 bug fixes during the more than two years that have passed
since 7.19.3 was released... Your version also might contain three known
security vulnerabilities.

> I'm using libcurl to send multiple file to a web server on an embedded
> system. This web server can unfortunately not handle multipart requests.

I figure you mean multiple files within the same multipart formpost request.

> The problem is that for each transfer, libcurls falls one or two times in a
> select() timeout of 1000[ms]. Each files takes 2 seconds to transfer...
> which is too much ofr our client.

I don't understand your point. What is too much? Are you saying that libcurl
sends the file too slowly or that it somehow wrongly times out too much?

> On libcurl side, the select timeout is in select.c, in Curl_socket_ready()
> function when the windows api select() function is called. Since we are
> supporting windows XP on the client side, we can not use the macro
> HAVE_POLL_FINE.

But why is select() a problem in the first place?