Re: Autoconf problems with libcurl after OS upgrade

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:13:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 May 2011, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> I upgraded my autobuild environment for Linux 2.6 i686 to the latest Debian
> SID, which upgraded some of the tools we use:

Ok, I just did the same and it works fine for me, but I found a little
difference that might help to fill in some clues.

> After:
> buildconf: autoconf version 2.68 (ok)
> buildconf: autom4te version 2.68 (ok)
> buildconf: autoheader version 2.68 (ok)
> buildconf: automake version 1.7.9 (ok)
> buildconf: aclocal version 1.7.9 (ok)
> buildconf: libtool version 2.4 (ok)
> buildconf: libtoolize found
> buildconf: GNU m4 version 1.4.16 (ok)

buildconf: autoconf version 2.68 (ok)
buildconf: autom4te version 2.68 (ok)
buildconf: autoheader version 2.68 (ok)
buildconf: automake version 1.9.6 (ok)
buildconf: aclocal version 1.9.6 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 2.4 (ok)
buildconf: libtoolize found
buildconf: GNU m4 version 1.4.16 (ok)
buildconf: running libtoolize
buildconf: running aclocal
buildconf: running aclocal hack to convert all mv to mv -f
buildconf: running autoheader
buildconf: cp lib/curl_config.h.in src/curl_config.h.in
buildconf: running autoconf
buildconf: running in ares
Useless use of /d modifier in transliteration operator at
/usr/share/automake-1.9/Automake/Wrap.pm line 60.

I guess I selected automake 1.9 at some point in time where you are still on
1.7

I googled a bit for the "aclocal: macro `_LT_DECL_SED' required but not
defined" problem and it is clearly showing up in many places. I found some
references mentioning they "fixed" the problem by bumping to automake 1.8 or
later.