Can a header get duplicated ?

From: Jayaprakasam, Kannan <kjayaprakasam_at_informatica.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:58:57 +0530

We are using libcurl 7.15.1 in our product. A bug has been reported in
our product that following an "Empty reply from server" response when
the server crashes due to some reason , the next request to the same url
contains SOAP-Action and Content-Type headers present twice in the HTTP
headers. We have not been able to reproduce the issue ourselves however.
My suspicion is, is it possible that this may be possible due to
persistent connections used by the curl library, that somehow in case of
error scenarios the header gets duplicated?

Thanks

kannan