Infinite loop in Curl_splay

From: Christian Hägele <haegele_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:10:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I have a problem within the libCurl multi interface. It happened that a call to
curl_multi_socket_action stuck in an infinite loop in Curl_splay. I couldn't
reproduce the issue, but I have a Dump of our application (in production) where
this issue occured. I searched the web for more information about that problem
and found: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-05/0082.html (A thread about the
samr problem 5 years ago)

The problem described there is the exactly same as we encounter right now. The
multi->timetree->smaller is the same as multi->timetree->larger which happens to
end up in the infinite loop.

My question is if the problem described in the link above is resolved by now? The
above thread did not show a resolution...

Christian