Re: performance: curl_easy vs curl_multi

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:43:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Paolo Piacentini wrote:

> One is based on curl_easy and takes ~15sec.
> The other is based on curl_multi and takes ~130sec
>
> QUESTION: is such a difference in downloading time between a "sequential"
> curl_easy and the equivalent curl_multi expected?

Not at all. The actual code that does the transfer parts is the exact same,
there's only the outer layers that are different.

This rather indicate a bug in your code or in libcurl. What libcurl version on
what platform is this?

Can you provide us with the two test source codes so that we can see/test in
our ends?