Re: Building cURL on HP-UX Itanium systems

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:08:27 -0700

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 07:46:43PM +0400, DmiTriy Fedchenko wrote:
> I suggest include HP-UX Itanium platform support to depcomp file. Please find
> in attachment patch for building cURL under that platform. I successfully use
> this patch with cURL  versions 7.21.2 and 7.21.6.

depcomp is part of the GNU autotools and is copied into the curl source
tree with the ./buildconf command. Since it's not checked in to curl, it
can't be patched there. It looks like your patch comes from a newer
version of depcomp; the one shipped in curl releases is 6 years old.
IIRC, the automake on the curl build server was downgraded some time ago
to work around some kind of problem, so that's probably the reason. Perhaps
it's time to investigate upgrading to an even newer version and see if that
that fixes both problems.

>>> Dan