Re: running handles become zero for Netradio station

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:22:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Shivanand wrote:

> I`m facing a strange problem when downloading from a particular netradio URL
> (http://onair.100fmlive.dk/100fm_live.mp3) using libCURL.
>
> The same behavior can be reproduced using the curl command too by following
> these steps :
> 1) Execute the command (on Linux)-
> curl -v -H "Accept: */*" -H "User-Agent: NSPlayer/9.1.0.3856" -H "Pragma:
> no-cache,rate=1.000000" -H "Pragma: xPlayStrm=1" -H "Pragma:
> xClientGUID=1822AD50-2C39-55c0-ZYXW-9D3E3CD32549" -H "Connection: Close"
> http://onair.100fmlive.dk/100fm_live.mp3 > /dev/null
>
> 2) Plug out network cable. Data download stops
>
> 3) After approximately 35 seconds plug it back in
>
> 4) Data download resumes briefly and then connection closes (command exits).

That sounds like the connection is being terminated by the other end.

> While using libCURL from c++ code, the running handles become 0 at step 4.
> and download stops.

If the connections are being disconnected then that will of course be the
outcome!

> The URL itself is an infinite URL and hence running handles should never
> become 0 for it.

So why would curl (or libcurl) disconnect? mp3-streaming servers are known for
disconnecting clients and expecting them to reconnect to continue getting the
stream...

> Any idea why this happens ? For some other netradio URLs, this behaviour is
> not observed. Download resumes and proceeds as expected. Is it a server
> related issue ?

I'd say it sounds like that.

> curl 7.15.5 (i686-suse-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8d zlib/1.2.3
> libidn/1.9

We've done 700+ bugfixes during the 5 years since we released that version...