Re[3]: reuse easy curl handle with multi interface

From: Alex Stanciu <ealexs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:21:16 +0300

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I did do that ... and after more testing ...

Looks like for FTP works fine, only fails for SFTP (at least with an
in house certificate)

on closer debug i end up with the error message:
"SSH public key authentication failed: Unable to open public key file"

The same code works fine when i use curl_easy_perform
Also with the easy connection the first debug line is
"reusing connection ... "
i don't see that with the multi interface

Is the multi interface forcing a reconnect ? I expected the multi
interface to simply behave just like the easy iface except it would
work on async steps on more than one handle

For now I have changed the code to use curl_easy_perform. I can't
transfer from FTP to FTP at the moment but it's not a immediate
requirement and I can do that with threads if necessary

Furthermore I found a bug in version 7.21.7 (windows) i think
it is related to this: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-05/0203.html
I rolled back to 7.21.0 and the exact same code worked fine

the only thing is that for me it happens on certain files and it's not
random. I can setup a user and give you the path to the file if you want to
debug into it. Maybe it's a good idea to let CURL read up the extra
data if it doesn't create other problems. Right now upgrading to 7.21.7
it's unsafe for us :)

Off topic: thanks for this great library :) . We build the first
versions of the product under MS .NET and we had tons of problems
especially because MS did not keep compatibility between versions
now it's only mingw & PHP ;)

Many thanks,
Alex