Re: Curl Issue..........

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:37:54 -0700

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:53:59AM +0530, Sumukh Anantha Manohar wrote:
> I am trying to download files whose size is greater than 2GB using curl API's
> like curl_easy_perform ( ) and curl_easy_setopt ( ) on linux and unix platforms
> using c++ language.
>
> The problem is, the above functions are helping me to download upto 2GB file
> size and not more than that.

libcurl is capable of transferring files larger than 2 GiB, but the rest of the
system must also be capable for it to work. Recent Linux and libc versions are
of course capable, but not all filesystems are (e.g. FAT). What filesystem
are you writing to?

Since you mention problems on other UNIX platforms as well, the problem
may actually be in the server. You don't say what protocol you're using,
but HTTP and FTP (and others) are capable of transferring large files
only if the server software and server OS are also capable. The fault
is likely to lie on the remote side. Try enabling libcurl trace debugging
and you're likely to see a 31-bit overflow of some sort show up.

>>> Dan