SMTP with NTLM AUTH

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:53:57 +0100

Hi all,

I've just joined the mailing lists as I would like to contribute some
changes I've been making to the v7.21.7 source back to the community for
inclusion in future versions.

I recently started using libcurl for communicating with my mail server and
whilst I was able to successfully talk to Exchange using AUTH LOGIN over
both TLS and non-TLS based connections I wanted to be able to communicate
with the server using native NTLM.

As such I took a look at the NTLM code used in HTTP_NTLM and decided to base
my work on that. I have created a new NTLM module for the NTLM specific
code, have modified the existing SMTP code to add AUTH NTLM and fixed up
HTTP_NTLM to use the new module as well.

I have installed msysgit and TortoiseGit as I am a Windows developer and am
in the process of grabbing the source repository as I speak.

Apart from being a quick hello, I am also wanted to ask:

1) would the curl project like my modifications, and
2) for your advice on the best way of detecting my changes and posting them
back to the mailing list as this is the first time using Git ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve