Re: compilation in windows

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:39:27 +0200

Hi Peter,
Am 24.07.2011 22:03, schrieb Peter:
> I tried to get curl-library to compile in windows with ssl using visual studio.
>
> I tried the following ssl supported package for running applications using visual studio.
>
> Win32 - MSVC
>
> MSVC 7.19.3 devel
> Frederic Elbin
> 4.04 MB
1. why do you take an old devel package of gcc (mingw build) if you can
get the recent version (my build) from the download page??
2. why dont you build it yourself from source?
Download the source, read INSTALL in docs folder, and build your own
version if you want to seriously develop with MSVC, and to avoid running
into trouble sooner or later when you use mingw binaries from MSVC.

Gün.