Re: compilation in windows

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:53:38 +0200

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> Am 24.07.2011 22:03, schrieb Peter:
>
>> I tried to get curl-library to compile in windows with ssl using visual
>> studio.
>>
>> I tried the following ssl supported package for running applications using
>> visual studio.
>>
>> Win32 - MSVC
>>
>> MSVC 7.19.3 devel
>> Frederic Elbin
>> 4.04 MB
>>
> 1. why do you take an old devel package of gcc (mingw build) if you can get
> the recent version (my build) from the download page??

Just some notes about your build, and why I don't use it :

 * it's a matter of taste, but I prefer using GnuTLS instead of openssl
 * the .pc file is not correctly located. it should be in lib/pkgconfig
 * your build is not using c-ares support (it's the main point wrt my use of
libcurl)

regards

Vincent Torri