Re: compilation in windows

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 01:18:25 +0200

Hi Vincent,
Am 24.07.2011 23:53, schrieb Vincent Torri:
> Just some notes about your build, and why I don't use it :
>
> * it's a matter of taste, but I prefer using GnuTLS instead of openssl
as you say: a matter of taste, and for me a matter of more trouble to
build; if I would create a libcurl GnuTLS devel package I would most
likely build it all on Linux and ship the DLLs which come with my cross
compiler.
> * the .pc file is not correctly located. it should be in lib/pkgconfig
true, I should change this.
> * your build is not using c-ares support (it's the main point wrt my
> use of libcurl)
well, in June I had 7166 DL of the devel packages, and 8742 DL of the
curl static linked packages; this month 6488 DL devel packages and 7674
DL curl static linked packages; so the others seem happy with it ... :-)
but anyway I have more packages with other feature sets on my site, but
unfortunately we have still not figured out how to add them to the curl
D/L page, f.e. my SSH2-aware builds ...
so even if I would add some more devel packages they would most likely
not show up on the curl D/L page ...

Gün.