Re: shut off progress meter (was Re: compilation in windows)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:20:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011, Richard Cavell wrote:

> By the way, what's this stuff about the progress meter being removed in
> future versions of libcurl? I quite like it.

Because of concerns such as the one I replied to. I've just never really
thought that it is the job of the library to output such things but I've also
not wanted to break existing apps so thus it has remained...

All the info is provided in the progress callback already anyway so any app
that desires can do such a progress meter itself.