Re: SSL Sessions shared

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 23:50:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, Alejandro Álvarez Ayllón wrote:

> I attach a patch I have done so SSL session ids can be shared between
> handles. I have done a couple of tests and it seems to work (mod_ssl
> notifies the session has been reused).
>
> If the patch can't do it, I would appreciate any tips about how should it be
> done so it could be accepted.

Thanks for your patch. Sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to trying
it out and reviewing it. A few comments:

o It had too long lines and caused compiler warnings with configure
   --enable-debug. I could easily fix them, but...

o There's no documentation provided for how to use this new feature. Can you
   extend the curl_share_setopt(3) man page? Perhaps provide an example code
   for docs/examples?

o Please consider adding a test to the test suite that verifies that this
   works as it also helps us maintain this functionality. You can add a
   libcurl-using test like the tests/libtest/lib5xx.c files.

o We need to verify that this doesn't break the NSS builds that do SSL session
   ID caching on its own, or one of the other libraries that may not have ID
   caching at all...