Re: maximizing performance when issuing a large number of GET/PUT requests to a single server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:07:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Alex Loukissas wrote:

>> The multi interface does all the transfers you add to it in parallell.
>
> So does it do it in a multi-threaded fashion (probably not, since I didn't
> have to compile/link against a threading library)? I was under the
> impression that that's not the case. Or by parallel you mean it opens
> simultaneous ports and interleaves them?

It does multiple parallell transfers using a single thread, yes. It opens has
many connections as required to perform all the transfers you tell it to do
and then it makes them all fly. And then you get to know when they finish and
you can add new transfers or remove existing ones along the way when you think
is a good time.