Re: Problem using static libraries libcurl with OpenSSL, minGW, Eclipse

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:30:34 +0200

"Oleksiy" <patriot_of_ua_at_ukr.net> wrote:

> It is compiled with this:
> g++ -DCURL_STATICLIB -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -osrc\main.o
> ..\src\main.cpp
>
> g++ -L..\lib -oYTUploader.exe src\main.o -lcurl -lcurldll -lws2_32
> -lwldap32 -leay32 -lssleay32 -lz

Here you link with both libcurl.a and libcurldll.a. I don't think you want the
latter.

> I run DependencyWalker, and it says that it's missing ieshims.dll,
> libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. But WHY? Why it want OpenSSL dll, I'm
> using static linking!

Because curl.dll (i.e. via libcurldll.a) wants them.

> About ieshims.dll I also can't get why it needs it! Help,

No idea why. What does depends say about it? How depends on this DLL?
It should be part of IE installed in "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer".
But I don't have it and have no problems with curl or OpenSSL w/o it.

--gv